20 Years of Performance, 20 Years of Protection, 20 Years of Excellence for a Fraction of the Labor Costs without Fumes and Flames
No roofing contractor will argue the durability benefits of multi-ply (multiple layer) bituminous (asphaltic) roofing – it’s been protecting properties and the assets within for over 100 years. But the traditional methods of application are either laborious, pose higher safety risk or smell – often disturbing building occupants. Self-adhered modified asphalt roofing delivers the benefits of this time-tested roofing material without the challenges. And in addition to being faster to install, which we’ve proven, it’s easier to learn.
Flintlastic SA has been the leading self-adhered solution for almost 20 years. It’s bond strength is unparalleled as is the support we’ve put behind it. Whether roofing a residence or commercial building, learn why more contractors choose Flintlastic SA.
12-25-year warranted systems over nailable roof decks, such as plywood, where best roofing practice is to mechanically attach a base sheet:
|12-Years||Optional||Flintlastic SA NailBase||--||Flintlastic SA Cap (FR) (CoolStar)|
|15-Years||Optional||Flintlastic SA NailBase||Flintlastic PlyBase||Flintlastic SA Cap (FR) (CoolStar)|
|20-Years||Optional||Flintlastic SA NailBase||Flintlastic SA MidPly||Flintlastic SA Cap (FR) (CoolStar)|
|25-Years||Required||Flintlastic SA NailBase||Flintlastic SA MidPly||Flintlastic SA Cap (FR) (CoolStar)|
15-25-year warranted systems over substrates approved for self-adhered base sheets
NOTE: Self-adhesion direct to plywood decks is permitted where local codes allow, supported by the product-only Integrity Roof System Limited Warranty; product/workmanship Integrity Roof System No Dollar Limit Limited Warranty is not extended to this application.
|15-Years||Optional||Flintlastic SA PlyBase||--||Flintlastic SA Cap (FR) (CoolStar)|
|20-Years||Optional||Flintlastic SA MidPly||--||Flintlastic SA Cap (FR) (CoolStar)|
|25-Years||Double Layer, Second Layer Adhered||Flintlastic SA MidPly||--||Flintlastic SA Cap (FR) (CoolStar)|
The Flintlastic SA low-slope roof system offers three base or interply options, to be selected based on attachment method and/or desired warranty duration. All three base/interply options are engineered with a proprietary top-side film to promote inner-system adhesion.
- Flintlastic SA NailBase is used when mechanical attachment of the base sheet is desired (View Technical Data Sheet)
- Flintlastic SA PlyBase is our workhorse self-adhered base or interply (View Technical Data Sheet)
- Flintlastic SA MidPly is a premium self-adhered base or interply, utilized where 20-25-year warranty coverage is desired (View Technical Data Sheet)
The Flintlastic SA low-slope roof system offers two cap sheet options, both available in highly reflective CoolStar surfacing.
- Flintlastic SA Cap is our workhorse self-adhered cap sheet (View Technical Data Sheet)
- Flintlastic SA Cap CoolStar is our workhorse self-adhered cap sheet with highly reflective surfacing (View Technical Data Sheet)
- Flintlastic SA Cap FR adds fire and impact resistance to self-adhered low-slope roof systems (View Technical Data Sheet)
- Flintlastic SA Cap FR CoolStar is used where both fire resistance and high solar reflectivity is desired (View Technical Data Sheet)
Flintlastic SA low-slope membranes are manufactured with a proprietary pressure-sensitive adhesive back surface, allowing application without the need for mops, squeegees or torches, but a few accessories are recommended/required to get the job done.
- FlintPrime Aerosol – Spray primer for small detail areas, such as edge metal and tops of metal fasters (View Technical Data Sheet)
- FlintPrime QD – Substrate primer when required for systems with self-adhered base plies (View Technical Data Sheet)
- FlintBond Caulk – SBS-modified adhesive for watertight detail edges (View Technical Data Sheet)
- FlintBond Trowel – SBS-modified adhesive for granule overlap areas and penetration details as specified (View Technical Data Sheet)
- Arctic Edge – Proprietary auxiliary tape utilized for cold weather applications (View Technical Data Sheet)