SilentFX® QuickCut™ noise-reducing drywall features a viscoelastic polymer between two specially formulated dense gypsum cores and significantly improves sound attenuation and is ideal for systems requiring high STC performance. Designed to easily score and snap, QuickCut allows for faster installation and lower labour costs.
SilentFX QuickCut also features our M2Tech® technology and is enclosed in a 100% recycled moisture and mold resistant face and back paper which provides enhanced moisture and mold resistance and contributes to indoor air quality.
Get Inspired and Learn More
SilentFX® QuickCut™ is intended for use on interior walls and ceilings in residential, commercial or institutional applications. It can be used for new construction or renovations over wood or steel framing. It is typically nailed or screwed to studs spaced 16" or 24" o.c.
- Thickness: Nominal 1/2" (12.7 mm); 5/8" (15.9 mm) Type X
- Width: 4' (1220 mm)
- Length: 8' (2440 mm) – 12’ (3660 mm)
- Custom lengths available upon request. Contact the nearest Sales Office for stocked lengths available.
- Edges: Tapered
- ASTM C1396
- ASTM C1629
- ASTM C840
For complete Technical Data, please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
SilentFX QuickCut scores and snaps, installs and finishes like standard drywall.
CertainTeed Regular Gypsum Board accepts most types of paints, texture and wall covering materials. The surface shall be primed and sealed with a full-bodied latex primer before applying a final decorative material. This will equalize the suction between the joint compounds and the paper surface. For best painting results, all surfaces, including joint compound, should be clean, dust-free and not glossy. If glossy paints are used, a thin skim coat of compound over the entire surface, Level 5 finish, is recommended to reduce highlighting or joint photographing. This method is also recommended for areas of critical sidelighting of natural or artificial light sources. A sealer application under wallpaper or other wall covering is also recommended so the board surface will not be damaged if the covering is subsequently removed during redecorating. Joint treatment must be thoroughly dry before proceeding with primer-sealer application and final decoration. For a complete mould resistant system, use with M2Tech finishing products where available.
For important specific fire safety information, please refer to the Gypsum Association’s GA-600 Fire Resistance Design Manual or to the UL Fire Resistance Directory.
For complete installation instructions, please see "Install like the Pros," drywall installation guide.
Please see the attached document for complete warranty details.
Committed to sustainability and total transparency, CertainTeed Gypsum is the first gypsum manufacturer to issue:
- EPDs: Comprehensive 3rd party life cycle assessments certified by UL Environment
- Type X and Easi-lite
- HPDs: Open standard, in which manufacturers report what makes up our products
- All of board products have HPDs
Our 14 gypsum board manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes
- Preservation of natural resources
- Face & back paper consists of 100% recycled paper
- In-plant scrap is recycled back into the manufacturing process
- Waste management
- Where sources are available, synthetic or by-product gypsum from the desulphurization of flue gases at coal-fired power plants is used.
- 3 of our manufacturing plants (Carrollton, Kentucky; Moundsville, West Virginia and Toronto, Ontario) use 100% synthetic gypsum and the total recycled content for these synthetic gypsum plants is 96%.
Although LEED rating systems do not currently address emissions for all building materials and their effects on indoor air quality, finished CertainTeed gypsum board products have no reportable VOCs and will not affect indoor air quality.