Quiet Efficiency is Key
- Unfaced, light-density fiberglass batts for use in steel stud construction. Batts are designed for friction-fit installation.
- Unfaced or kraft faced ceiling batts are designed to lay directly on suspended ceiling systems. Faced batts have no tabs. When installed they must be butted together.
- To enhance acoustical and thermal performance of exterior and interior walls.
- To improve sound transmission loss performance of suspended ceiling systems.
- Unfaced batts rated noncombustible per ASTM E136.
- Kraft faced batts suitable for non-exposed applications. Versatile: Enhances acoustical and thermal performance of interior and exterior walls and suspended ceiling systems.
- Will not rot or mildew; resists fungal growth.
- Lightweight, easily fabricated and installed.
Click Here to visit our Acoustic Performance Interactive Learning Guide
Help build an environment of change.™ - Sustainable Insulation
Get Inspired and Learn More
Download Product Specifications, Submittal Forms and SDS here
CertaPro AcoustaTherm Batts are designed to fill the entire stud cavity and be held in place by friction-fit. For applications where the wall is not finished on both sides or the insulation does not fill the cavity, supplementary support of the insulation, such as wire or insulation pins, shall be provided to hold the insulation in place.
SUSPENDED CEILING SYSTEMS
Install with the facing down toward the occupied area. When placing AcoustaTherm Batts over suspended ceiling panels, refer to the suspended ceiling manufacturer's recommendations to ensure proper installation. Kraft facings are combustible; do not use in exposed applications. Check local code requirements.
These installation recommendations are general in nature. Other methods are acceptable. Please consult local building codes for recommendations best suited to the application.
Please refer to CertaPro® Commercial Limited One-Year Fibreglass Insulation Warranty.
CertainTeed insulation products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on foreign oil and lower greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, the recycled content of CertainTeed fiberglass insulation meets the EPA minimum Recovered Material Guideline for fiberglass products consisting of preconsumer and post-consumer glass cullet.
CertainTeed Sustainable Insulation is GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage.